Saturday 24 December 2011

INTRODUCTION TO DATA LOGGER

Last Thursday class was handled by instructor, Miss Raja Aimi. She introduce us a tool which is Data Logger. Actually this is the first time I heard about Data Logger. After a brief explanation by instructor, I remembered that before this I have already used Data Logger in Environmental Science Course to measure the reading of COD and BOD of water sample. Even I have used this tool to handle an experiment before, I don’t know what is the truly function of Data Logger and how to used it in detail. It is because while doing the experiment, lab assistant already setup the Data Logger. So we just used it to measure the reading.
 
In this class, instructor shows me how to use the Data Logger and explain the function of this tool. She gives 1 Data Logger to each group. First time I hold the Data Logger it is difficult to handle it but when try several times I understood how to use data logger. Data Logger actually one of the electronic devices introduced to help in view and analyze the collected data.

Actually data logger is a measurement device that we can collect the data that more accurate and fast. I can take the reading of the different variables at the same time since the data logger has 4 input. We can choose different sensor to record at a same time. There are many sensors given which are temperature sensor, pH sensor, pressure sensor, humidity sensor and other sensors.
 
By using data logger, I can avoid the error while taking the reading, for example human error. I am always make mistakes while taking the reading. Our eyes also cannot take the reading for every second.

Other than that I can measure and record information of the experiment that has the small duration that is impossible taken through the manual and human eye because the reaction goes rapidly. The data logger can take every second of reading so that I can observe the differences of reading in every second especially for the fast reaction experiment.
Graphs and tables of results also can be produced automatically by the data logger software since the data is available straight away to be analyzed by the computer. In this case, the data already save in a table so I don’t have to retype the results and save my time.
 

Data logger also can store many data and collect data then save the data in the file. I can save the data for a long time in the file until someone delete it or the memory full.
I can conclude that by using data logger my experiment can be done easily. I also can do another task while waiting the data logger taking the readings. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment